Ancon® Shearfix Punching Shear reinforcement
Ancon® Shearfix Punching Shear Reinforcement
Ancon® Shearfix is a custom-made concrete accessory supplied by InfraBuild Construction Solutions (formerly LIBERTY OneSteel Reinforcing) and designed to be used within a slab to provide additional steel reinforcement around columns. Ancon Shearfix is suitable for column/floor intersections and flat slab construction, and is easy to install either ‘top down’ or ‘bottom up’, depending on user preference. It offers advantages over loose shear links, which can be time-consuming to both design and install.
The custom-made Ancon Shearfix system consists of double-headed studs welded to flat rails, positioned around the column head or base. The studs are welded to the rail at centres. Ancon provides free software to determine the optimum system design.
- Column/floor intersection and flatslab construction
- Provides resistance to punching shear failure
- Custom-made to suit
- Offers advantages over loose shear links, which can be time-consuming to both design and install
- Provides shear reinforcement
- Ancon provides free software to determine the optimum system design
- Lead time applies
- AS/NZS 3600:2018 Concrete Structures
- AS 2371.1:2003 Composite Structures – Part 1: Simply supported beams
To find out more about the range of Ancon® Shearfix products stocked at your local InfraBuild Construction Solutions please contact your nearest branch.