Ancon® Couplers BT Type A – Mechanical Splices
The Ancon® BT coupler system supplied by InfraBuild Reinforcing consists of two threaded bars that are connected through an internally threaded coupler. Ancon BT couplers produce a full strength joint yet they are among the smallest in the Ancon range best suited to large scale projects requiring a high volume of couplers. Ancon BT couplers supplied by InfraBuild Construction Solutions are available to suit 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 24mm, 28mm, 32mm, 36mm and 40mm bar sizes.
The Type A system utilises an Ancon BT coupler and two reinforcing bars with type A threads. To produce a type A thread the bar end is upset and threaded for half the length of the coupler. The type A system is suitable for applications where the continuation bar can be rotated.
The Ancon BT coupler type A system supplied by InfraBuild Reinforcing is roads authority approved.
- Mechanical splicing of reinforcing bars
- Used for applications where the continuation bar can be rotated
- Available in a wide variety of sizes
- Utilises internally threaded couplers with a single right hand thread
- Fully compliant with the requirements of all Australian road authorities
- AS 3600 Concrete structures
- AS 5100.5 Bridge Design, Concrete
To find out more about the Ancon BT couplers stocked at your local InfraBuild Reinforcing, please contact your nearest bar shop.
|Suit Bar Size (mm)
|Coupler Length (mm)
|Coupler OD (mm)
Subscribe to the
Receive regular updates on news, case studies as well as the latest products and services.