As the distribution arm of Australia’s only fully vertically integrated steel manufacturer, recycler and distributor, InfraBuild Steel Centre knows everything there is to know about producing quality steel products. Our goal is to provide the country’s industries, innovative businesses and individual tradesmen with the highest quality steel products to help make their constructive visions a reality.
Equal Angles – Merchant Bar
Equal angle steel has many uses in various areas of construction, engineering and steel fabrication. Merchant bar equal angles are manufactured in a right angular shape, meaning the steel possesses tensile strength, is durable yet workable, and there is no risk of the product warping.
InfraBuild Steel Centre supplies equal angle steel in a wide range of sizes. Manufactured in Australia, InfraBuild Steel Centre’s steel equal angles exceeds the minimum requirements of AS/NZS 3679.1 – 300.
Equal angle steel is incredibly versatile and can be applied in many types of construction and industrial fields, including:
- Engineering construction
- Residential construction
- Non-residential construction
- Mining infrastructure
- Transport and storage
Merchant bar equal angles are often used in the construction of framing supports, elements of manufacturing equipment, and reinforcement brackets for larger structures.
Although equal angle steel is relatively simplistic in design, there are several advantageous features of both the equal angle steel itself and partnering with InfraBuild Steel Centre, including:
- Available in a wide variety of sizes
- Exceeds the minimum requirements of AS/NZS 3679.1
As part of a fully integrated steel manufacturing and distribution network, InfraBuild Steel Centre is committed to supplying our customers with high-quality steel products that are fit for their intended application.
For equal angle steel products to be used safely and effectively, it is important for all companies, including InfraBuild Steel Centre, to adhere to the relevant standards put forth by Australian and New Zealand governments. That’s why our steel equal angle sizes conform to all AS/NZS 3679.1 (hot-rolled bars and sections) required standards.
To find out more about the steel equal angles stocked at your local InfraBuild Steel Centre, please contact your nearest branch.
|Size (mm × mm × mm)||Mass (kg/m)||Metres (per tonne)|
|25 x 25 x 3||1.12||893|
|25 x 25 x 5||1.65||606|
|25 x 25 x 6||2.08||481|
|30 x 30 x 3||1.35||741|
|30 x 30 x 5||2.01||498|
|30 x 30 x 6||2.56||391|
|40 x 40 x 3||1.83||546|
|40 x 40 x 5||2.73||366|
|40 x 40 x 6||3.50||286|
|50 x 50 x 3||2.31||433|
|50 x 50 x 5||3.48||287|
|50 x 50 x 6||4.46||224|
|50 x 50 x 8||5.68||176|
|55 x 55 x 5||3.84||260|
|55 x 55 x 6||4.93||203|
|65 x 65 x 5||4.56||219|
|65 x 65 x 6||5.87||170|
|65 x 65 x 8||7.51||133|
|65 x 65 x 10||9.02||111|
|75 x 75 x 5||5.27||190|
|75 x 75 x 6||6.81||147|
|75 x 75 x 8||8.73||115|
|75 x 75 x 10||10.5||95|
|90 x 90 x 6||8.22||122|
|90 x 90 x 8||10.6||94|
|90 x 90 x 10||12.7||79|
|100 x 100 x 6||9.16||109|
|100 x 100 x 8||11.8||85|
|100 x 100 x 10||14.2||70|
|100 x 100 x 12||17.7||57|
InfraBuild Steel Centre can provide the following processing services for this product:
- Cut-to-length — No matter the size or length of steel equal angle sizes you require for your project, InfraBuild Steel Centre are happy to provide it cut precisely to your specifications.
- Punching — We offer a punching service on all merchant bar equal angles. Customers can select several different gauges of holes before dispatch.
- Slotting — If your equal angle steel project requires any slotting on the metal for fixing bolt points, please consult with a sales team member when placing your order.
- Stamping — Stamping is a steel production process using a set of pre-made casts or dies which are administered with a press to change the shape of the steel. This service is available for all steel equal angle sizes we provide.
- Shearing — If you need any excess material removed from your equal angle steel, we offer an exact metal shearing service that can help get the result you are looking for.
Once you have selected equal angle steel product for your project and decided on any relevant processing services you may require, it’s over to our team to customise your order. We will keep clear lines of communication with you throughout the completion of your order, all the way to the final delivery of your steel. We also offer a wide variety of payment options that our team is more than happy to discuss with you.
If you have any more questions about equal angle steel or any other steel products we supply including RHS, SHS and pipe sections, please check our Know Your Steel catalogue or contact our team today. We would love to provide you with a free project quote to start your project today!
Subscribe to the
Receive regular updates on news, case studies as well as the latest products and services.