Ancon® Couplers BT Type B – Mechanical Splices
The Ancon® BT coupler system supplied by InfraBuild Reinforcing consists of two threaded bars that are connected through an internally threaded coupler. Ancon BT couplers produce a full strength joint yet they are among the smallest in the Ancon range, best suited to large scale projects requiring a high volume of couplers. Ancon BT couplers supplied by InfraBuild Reinforcing are available to suit 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 24mm, 28mm, 32mm, 36mm and 40mm bar sizes.
The Type B system utilises an Ancon BT coupler and two reinforcing bars, one with a type A thread and the other with a type B thread. To produce a type A thread the bar end is upset and threaded for half the length of the coupler. The type B thread is produced in a similar way with a thread length equal to the full coupler length. The type B system is suitable for applications where the continuation bar cannot easily be rotated, but a partial rotation is possible.
- Mechanical splicing of reinforcing bars
- Used for applications where it is difficult but not impossible to rotate the continuation bar
- Available for all common reinforcing bar diameters
- Utilises internally metric threaded couplers
- Only requires partial rotation of the continuation bar
- Fully compliant with the requirements of all Australian road authorities
- AS 3600 Concrete structures
- AS 5100.5 Bridge Design, Concrete
To find out more about the Ancon Bartec Type B Couplers stocked at your local InfraBuild Reinforcing, please contact your nearest bar shop.
|Product Code||Suit Bar Size (mm)||Coupler Length (mm)||Coupler OD (mm)|
Subscribe to the
Receive regular updates on news, case studies as well as the latest products and services.