Ancon® MBT Couplers – Mechanical Splices
Ancon® MBT couplers supplied by InfraBuild Reinforcing provide a method of joining reinforcing bars without the need of bar end preparation such as threading. Bars are locked in place by two serrated saddles and a series of special lockshear bolts, the heads of which shear off when the predetermined tightening torque is reached, providing a visual check of correct installation. Typically used for column splicing, bridge applications, piling, beams and closure pours, Ancon ®MBT couplers supplied by InfraBuild Reinforcing are available in sizes to suit 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 24mm, 28mm, 32mm, 36mm and 40mm bar sizes.
- Column splicing, bridge applications, piling, splicing to protruding dowels cast in concrete, closure pours, beams.
- Mechanically bolted coupler that doesn’t require bar end preparation or rotation
- The bolt heads shear off at a predetermined torque to provide an instant check of correct installation.
- Can be used in Applications where traditionally couplers do not work
- AS/NZS 4671:2001 Steel reinforcing materials
- AS 3600:2018 Concrete structures
- AS 5100.5:2017 Bridge Design, Concrete
To find out more about the Ancon MBT couplers stocked at your local InfraBuild Reinforcing please contact your nearest branch.
|Product Code||Suit Bar Size (mm)||No. of Bolts||Length (mm)||OD (mm)||Mass (kg)|
InfraBuild Sustainability Report 2022
InfraBuild ACRS 2023 Certificates
InfraBuild Modern Slavery Statement FY22
World Steel Association Climate Action Program Membership 2022 – 2023
World Steel Association Certificate 2022-2023
LifeMax® Plus Brochure
Shouldered System Brochure
InfraBuild Energy Reducing Process Certificate 2021
Subscribe to the
Receive regular updates on news, case studies as well as the latest products and services.